Economic downfall affects almost each and every business sector. However, hospitality is one sector that usually remains least affected ones. The love for food and desire to take a break has kept this industry always happening. This is one reason that has made restaurant a very vibrant business, with lots of competitors emerging at regular intervals. Understanding taste buds of the customers and preparing dishes accordingly, is definitely a cookie point to excel in this business. But there must be other ways to attract customers and restaurant app is one of the methods.
Here are a few data on the increasing usage of mobile application that can make you realize how pertinent this is for your restaurant business.
- There are more than 1.5 million applications in Apple’s App Store and Google Play-in
- On an average, nearly 41 applications are installed in a Smartphone
- A person spends 27 minutes per day accessing internet from the mobile phones and checks cell phone 150 times per day
- By 2020, half of all invoices will be paid via mobile devices
In an era of Smartphone, where everything is available right at the finger tips, an app for your business is the right way to reach customers directly. So, if you have decided to go for this promotional technique then here are some of the things you need to know.
- If you are planning to integrate a high-quality mobile application, it is important for the application to have certain features. It should have an upgraded menu that can be accessed without any difficulty from the mobile screen.
- If it is an online food ordering app, the process of selecting the items and then making payment should be easy to use. There should be basic data catering facility, stating number of the order and time required for delivering.
- If you are offering any special discount on order placed via application that should be referred. Other than that, push notification must be integrated to let your customers know about any latest news.
This is not only restricted to ordering food but at the same time, the application can reserve table eliminating the errors of manual bookings. Application development has come a long way and creating one for a restaurant can add more revenue to the business. So, hire an experienced development team and build one to tap your customers directly.